Skip to main content

A long cherished Dream

Graduation Day is the day that I had dreamt about. I personally never thought I would ever graduate, but here I am. Every single one of us worked so hard to get here. I never thought I would be up here on this day, but dreams do come true.

As nervous as I was standing behind the podium, I was also joyful and proud to share my experience with you all. About five years ago in a boutique, I happened to meet my school teacher who is now currently the Principal of Sindhi High School, Hebbal branch – Mrs. Maitreyi Satyadev Ma’am. As we reminisced our good old days, she motivated and encouraged me to take up a graduate program in a field of my choice. I was relatively settled in my career then, with a permanent job in the World's Best Bank’ and 'Best Place to Work' - HSBC with a handsome package. 

However, as days passed by, my teacher’s meeting that day had given me a lot of food for thought; that meeting was lingering me by giving me sleepless nights about whether I want to take this giant leap or not. I explored alternative options like taking up the graduation program from an open university, through correspondence, or through an evening college. But I had my own apprehensions, whether will I be able to dedicate sufficient time, energy and efforts towards it – even if I did, will there be sufficient reciprocation from the opposite side?! 

Abandoning all the alternatives, these thoughts led me to take this mega phase in the middle of my career to get back to my roots and water them by taking up a full-time graduation course from this exceptional institution – Sindhi College. They not only accepted me with open wide arms but also nourished me despite all exceptions. And since then, there was no looking back. Every member of this institution has always encouraged me and guided me throughout this journey of the last three years – right from preparing an abstract to submit a paper presentation at national & international levels to bringing the real treasure of academics in front of me.

The last three years, certainly weren’t a cakewalk for me, while juggling between academics, professional life, and family life. Work-Life balance brought a new chapter in my life during this stage.

Despite all obstacles we faced like COVID-19, lockdowns, different variants, network issues on Zoom, and severely affecting external forces, we managed to complete our graduation.

This platform is giving me a rare opportunity to express my infinite gratitude, awe, and reverence to my teachers whom I revere as my gurus for guiding me at every phase from academics to career, from introducing me to SWOT analysis to identifying my true potential.

I owe my boundless gratefulness to each individual associated with this great institution right from the Management Committee, my school teacher – Mrs. Maitreyi Satyadev Ma’am, our respected Principal Sir, Vice-Principal Ma'am, HoD’s, Professors, non-teaching staff, and all my classmates.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my beloved parents, who supported me, encouraged me further to take this giant step, and constantly reminded me of my goal of completing my graduation whenever I was deviating. Distinct thanks to my angel-like wife without whose support, this day would have only been a far-off dream for me. A special thanks to my adorable son without his pleasure sacrifices, again this vision would have been a cloud. My family stood beside me through thick and thin in this journey. Finally, my classmate Anmol always brought a grin to my tensed face while coaching me the Quantitative Methods.

I am confident, my gurus shall always continue to be my torchbearers and as well-wishers throughout my life and so shall I reciprocate to all in my capacity by offering them humble service unto their lotus feet.

To conclude, I congratulate all my batch-mates on this grand success and wishing a bright future.



PS: Awaiting for the best picture!


Comments

  1. Many many congratulations on your achievement. We all are so proud of you. Yet again you proved that "where is a will there is a way". My admiration and respect for you has just double fold. May all your dreams come true, stay blessed always with all happinesses of this world, also wishing you loads of success and prosperity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice all the best for your future amith may this opportunity takes u to achieve the success in your life and u r the role model for today's generation in fulfilling their dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the Best Amit
    U r a Excellent Student
    God Bless You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congratulations on your achievement!! God bless. Thank you for mentioning me as your source of motivation.
    Maithreyi Satyadev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very few people are brave enough to come out of their comfort zones, risk everything, accept challenges and come out with flying colors. Congratulations Sir.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The controversial Plastic Card (Part 01)

  As soon as some people hear the word ‘Credit Card’, they end up projecting the user as ‘Spendthrift’, ‘Financially Undisciplined’, ‘Payment Defaulter’ and so on. However, for a person who knows the basic guidelines of a credit card’s usage, they would be proudly using it. A credit card is a two-edged sword and must be used prudently. For the population who think a credit card is a debt trap, must be clear, using it in the right manner the user can not only be solvent but also rewarded. What is this Credit Card? A credit card is a type of lending provided by a bank or a similar financial institution to its customers as a reserve for their day-to-day expenses termed as ‘Credit Card Limit’. This reserve is fixed depending on several criteria. The credit card can always come within reach when a person is temporarily financially broke. Some card users think the credit limit is their own money, but on the contrary, it is the bank’s money that is used by the cardholder as it is a lend

A lake connected with a narrow stream

Do you see a narrow stream or a huge lake ahead of you? Sure enough both. Didn't you? This image clearly picturizes both the aspects of life.  Its pretty common for a person to go through narrow streams in life where one may not find much space to lounge around happily. The reasons might vary from individual to individual and from one situation to another circumstance. One may face a relationship breakdown and another might be facing financial crisis whereas the third may be facing a shattered career. But this certainly doesn't mean that one should give up one's life mid-way suffocating their breath through various means. One must try to accommodate themselves to the situation or circumstance and try squeezing through this passage.  However, there would certainly be a positive reflection (the way reflection is falling on the lake) on our life awaiting for us with open arms. With a little push from our end, a gentle pull by our well wishers with a little amou